Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look at our always evolving Frequently Asked Questions for all the answers you are looking for surrounding #InsurHack 2017.
The InsurHack 2017 will open its doors on October 6th at 1pm at RheinEnergieSTADION in Cologne (Aachener Str. 999, 50933 Köln, Germany). The event ends on October 8th at 6pm. The stadium is easily accessible with public transport or car. Parking space is available on site.
At RheinEnergieSTADION, the holy halls of 1.FC Köln, the business lounge will provide a creative environment and inspire teams with a stunning view into the stadium.Download directions (PDF)
Fill out the sign up at Eventbrite. Here we just need a few details about you and your team:
- Click on register and choose Team-Ticket
- Choose an existing Team or create a new one
- Decide which challenge you and your team want to participate in
- Finalize your registration: Tell us quickly what excites you about a Hackathon and how would the perfect code look like to you?
After handing in your registration you will get a confirmation e-mail. Seats are limited, so don’t hesitate! Sign up for InsurHack today!
The official hashtag is #insurhack.
Use AI methods like machine learning and predictive analysis to enhance available customer data and social footprints. Build new services or products upon these data or provide appropriate customer satisfaction through your feedback.
Create digital insurance solutions as daily companions which deliver suitable protection as an answer to the need of our (potential) customers. This varies from awakening first interest with conversation solutions along phenomenal customer experience (B2B and B2C) with e.g. VR/AR over to brand new service ideas.
The panel of experts will apply following criteria to rate your entries:
- Impact: Does your solution address the relevant market and customers?
- Creativity: Do you create new ways to generate real innovation within the insurance sector?
- Technology: How convincing is your technical approach? Are you using state-of-the-art APIs?
- Pitch: Does your pitch convince our expert team with its great approach and usability?
For Guidewire we are offering access to the following basic assets:
- customer / account data
- mobile protection
- general liability
- legal cost
Regarding Life Insurances, available assets are:
- partner data (customer, insured person, beneficiary)
- policies for classic and unit-linked life insurances
- contract information
- expiration values
- redemption value calculation
- fonds data
In general you are able to:
- create and read user / account data
- get ratings and quotations for the supported types of insurances
- underwrite insurances for a customer
We are setting up an API Portal prior to the event. There you can sign up and inspect the APIs and download full (Swagger 2.0) documentations.
We don’t put any limitations on what to mock. But to stay on track, it should be somehow within the scope of an insurance company. So if you use mocked or third party data, you should always consider how this data could be made available to Zurich in a real life scenario. Also, the current implementation of our platform is in the beta state, since it won’t be released until next year. Therefore some features or assets might not be available at the time. For example, if you miss support for a certain type of insurance which was not mentioned above, you are free to mock it.
The whole InsureHack 2017 will be BYOD – bring your own device. Wifi and Ethernet access will be provided on site, but teams have to bring their own devices.
Beds will be available on site, but please bring your own blankets, pillows and whatever else you need to catch a nap. To shower and change you can use the cabins of 1.FC Köln and feel like a professional athlete during the event.